Chalki: A Greek Island of Picturesque Villages and Crystal-Clear Waters
Chalki is a small island in the eastern Aegean Sea, part of the Dodecanese archipelago. It is located about 140 kilometers east of Rhodes and 100 kilometers west of Kos.
Halki has a rich history dating back to antiquity. The island has the ruins of many ancient monuments, such as:
- The ruins of the ancient city of Halki, located in the place of the modern Chora.
- The ruins of the ancient walls of Halki, which surrounded the city.
- The ruins of the ancient temple of Apollo, located on top of the hill of Paliochora.
- The ruins of the ancient temple of Athena, located in the area of the Castle.
Chalki is an island with many beautiful attractions, such as:
- The Castle of Halki, located on top of the hill of Paliochora.
- The Port of Halki, one of the most beautiful ports in the Aegean Sea.
- Chora, a picturesque village with traditional houses and narrow streets.
- Paliochora, the archaeological center of the island.
- Agios Minas Beach, one of the most popular beaches in Halki.
- Castle Beach, a beautiful pebble beach.
- Agios Nikolaos Beach, a quiet sandy beach.
Halki has many beautiful beaches, with sand, pebbles, and crystal-clear waters. Some of the most popular beaches on the island are:
- Agios Minas Beach
- Castle Beach
- Agios Nikolaos Beach
- Golden Beach
- Kokalia Beach
- Vromolimni Beach
- Kokkinos Beach
- Mikros Karavostasis Beach
Chalki is known for its traditional dishes, such as:
- Grilled octopus
- Lamb with potatoes
- Spaghetti with shrimp
- Halki sausages
- Spoon sweets
Chalki offers many options for entertainment, such as:
- Taverns and restaurants serving traditional Greek cuisine
- Bars and clubs with live music
- Beaches with beach bars
- Events and festivals
Chalki offers many options for accommodation, such as:
- Rental apartments
How to Get There
Halki is accessible by ferry from the ports of Rhodes, Kos, and Leros. There are daily ferry schedules from these ports.
Port of Chalki
The Port of Chalki is one of the most beautiful ports in the Aegean Sea. It is located in the northern part of the island and is the main port of Halki. The port is well-organized and offers all the necessary services, such as:
- Rental apartments
- Car rentals
The website www.Ferries.gr is the perfect way to find information on all ferry routes from Piraeus. You can search for routes based on the date of departure and destination, and learn about all the companies that depart and the prices of tickets.