GENERAL CONDITIONS - CRETE ROUTES
WE PROTECT OURSELVES AND OTHERS FROM CORONA VIRUS - WE STAY RESPONSIBLE !
Passengers shall not travel if they have symptoms of COVID-19 infection (cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath and other respiratory symptoms) or have had contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days prior to the trip.
1. BEFORE AND DURING THE BOARDING OF THE SHIP
Passengers must comply with the following control measures during boarding:
- - Social Distancing
- - A minimum distance of 1.5 meters between passengers (and simultaneous use of a mask ) should be observed.
- - The ship's crew will oversee the boarding process and scrutinize the respect of the foreseen distances.
- - Completing the "Pre-boarding" form and submit it to the ship's Chief Purser along with their ticket, when boarding, prior to the ship's departure.
2. DURING THE TRIP
Passengers must necessarily comply with the following precautionary measures during the trip:
- - We keep wearing our mask both in indoor areas as well as on the deck areas of the ship. We make sure that the mouth and nose are covered, we do not touch the mask while wearing it, we dispose off the mask immediately into a trash bin after use and we wash our hands.
- - We cover our coughing or sneezing with the inside of the elbow or with a paper towel which we dispose off immediately into a trash bin.
- - We wash our hands regularly and thoroughly with soap and water or an alcoholic solution and avoid contact of the hands with the face (eyes, nose, mouth).
The use of gloves does not replace hand washing.
- - We keep safety distances from other passengers around us (> 1.5 meters).
- - We avoid crowded spaces.
- - We avoid contact with people who have symptoms of a respiratory infection.
Please see the respective flyer of the National Public Health Organization
- - It is recommended that passengers arrive at the port of departure on time to facilitate the check-in process before boarding.
- - In case passengers experience respiratory symptoms during the trip, they must report it immediately to the ship's crew.
- - If passengers develop respiratory symptoms after the trip, they should seek medical help immediately and inform their doctor about the history of the trip.
3. DENIAL OF BOARDING
Based on the above, if the crew members who carry out the control measures during the boarding assess that:
- 1. The passenger has symptoms which indicate a COVID-19 infection or
- 2. The passengers’ answers on the "Pre-boarding" form before boarding indicate that there has been contact with a person with COVID-19 infection or
- 3.. The passenger refuses to use a mask on the ship the passenger will be denied boarding the ship and the applicable provisions for the use of tickets at a later date or for their cancellation will apply. In cases (1) and (2) the trip will be denied for 14 days or if the passenger has been ill he/she will have to provide a medical certificate stating that the criteria for the termination of precautionary measures for a patient with COVID-19 are met as defined by the National Public Health Organization.
PASSENGER NAME LIST
The provisions of Presidential Decree no. 23/1999 "Registration of persons traveling by passenger ships operating to or from Greek ports in accordance with Directive 98/41/EC/1998", are amended, according to PD 102/2019 (A΄ 182).
To make that possible, tickets are issued BY NAME and specifically must include:
- - PASSENGER’S LAST NAME
- - PASSENGER’S FIRST NAME (in full)
- - GENDER: MALE/FEMALE
- - NATIONALITY (i.e. GR)
- - DATE OF BIRTH (Day/Month/Year)
- - TYPE OF VEHICLE, PLATE No
Children up to 5 years old: they travel for free, without being entitled to a bed or a seat. It is obligatory to issue a Free of Charge ticket. Children traveling in cabins or seats, are entitled to 50% discount and they must be accompanied by an adult.
Use is only allowed to the holders of numbered seat tickets.
- a) report at the embarkation area at least one (1) hour before departure.
- b) if travelling by car, one (1) hour before departure. Drivers are obliged to embark and disembark their vehicle. Vehicles' passengers must exit the vehicle before embarkation. Vehicles’ priority order for embarkation is determined by the Port Regulations of each Port Authority, where embarkation takes place. All passengers should be able to present their valid travel documents. The company reserves the right not to allow boarding in case of a passenger not having the travel documents required. In case a passenger wishes to disembark prior the ship’s departure, he/she is obliged to inform the vessel’s Purser’s Office and upon leaving the ship to take all of his/her luggage as well. In case of vehicles, please mind that there is the possibility of being unable to remove them from the ship’s garage due to their pre-arranged parking positions.
OPEN DATE TICKETS
Open date tickets are not valid for boarding, unless a new ticket for a specific date or travel has been issued. Open date tickets are valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
If passengers wish to travel during a period in which a higher tariff is in force, then they must pay the difference between the current and the pre-paid open ticket fare.
Passengers with open date tickets must reserve their journey well in advance. The Company cannot secure the reservation of the passengers on their desired travel dates or accommodation type.
CHANGES - TICKET CANCELLATION
You can find the cancellation policy of the ferry company under Changes & Cancellations page.
CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE OR DELAY DUE TO EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS etc.
Passengers and vehicles can embark without changing their tickets.
CANCELLATION OF DEPARTURE:
The tickets of a cancelled departure are not valid for embarkation and must be exchanged with a new ticket for the next scheduled departure, subject to availability.
In case of a departure being delayed or cancelled due to extreme weather conditions etc., passengers are kindly requested to contact the company’s port agencies in order to be informed about the new departure time.
LOSS OF TICKET(S)
When a ticket is lost:
- a) a new ticket must be bought, in order to travel.
- b) passengers must report in writing, to the Company’s Central or Port Offices, before the scheduled departure, the ticket(s) loss, indicating the departure date, the itinerary and the number of the lost ticket, as well as the number of the new ticket bought.
- If, after checking the company’s records, the lost ticket has not been found used or replaced, within one (1) month after the departure date, the company will grant a ticket free of charge, for exactly the same value of the one lost.
Arrival times quoted indicate the time the vessel arrives at the entrance of the port.
The Company is not responsible for any delays, changes or cancellation of itineraries which may have been caused due to bad weather conditions, orders coming from the Ministry of Mercantile Marine or from the Port Authorities or due to force majeure.
The Company reserves the right, upon approval of the competent Ministry, to reschedule its vessels if necessary, as well as to modify the timetables.
FARES - DISCOUNTS
Fares include maritime transport and taxes. Catering is not included. The company reserves the right to change the fares. All discounts/offers are not cumulative and only one (the greatest) is granted at a time. After ticket issuance, no fare difference is refunded.
LUGGAGE - VALUABLES
Luggage should be placed in the designated areas of the vessels as per the crew’s instructions.
Passengers are entitled to carry free of charge, luggage up to 50 kilos or 1m3.
Luggage must not contain valuable items. These items can be handed over to the Chief Purser for safe-keeping.
The company is responsible for the damage or loss of luggage on board, only if they have been handed over for safe-keeping and a relevant receipt has been issued.
The company cannot be held responsible for any loss of money or valuables left in the cabins, the ship's common areas or the vehicles.
Any loss should be reported at the ship's Reception Desk or at the Customer Service Department.
PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
On board our vessels there are specially designed cabins with easy access and operation to accommodate passengers with special needs. Due to a limited number of cabins it is necessary to reserve in advance.
Pets travel in Pet cabins, which are available for pet carriage or in specially designed kennels on the ship's deck. Due to the limited number of Pet cabins, it is necessary to reserve them in advance.
For reasons of public hygiene, pets are not allowed in cabins (other than the specially designated pet cabins), bars, restaurants and the ship’s indoor public areas. When walking on the open deck, they should wear muzzle and be on a leash and accompanied by a guardian.
Passengers traveling with a pet should hold updated health documents for their pet and are responsible for the pet’s care, safety, hygiene and are obliged to comply with the regulations concerning animal care on board and they are solely responsible for any possible harm or damage by their animals to any third party.
Special areas for the pets’ daily hygiene are available on board.
Unaccompanied pets are not accepted for embarkation.
SAFETY ON BOARD
Passengers should comply with the instructions of the Master and the crew, regarding the maintenance of order, hygiene and safety on board. Persons refusing to comply with these demands, shall be denied access on board and will be reported to the Port Authorities.
The Company and the ship are not responsible for accidents, loss or damage prior to boarding and after disembarkation.
Explosives, inflammable, incendiary and dangerous materials in general are strictly forbidden on board.
Cabins are characterized and used as 2-bed, 3-bed or 4-bed, depending on the number of passengers occupying it, not on the number of beds.
Passengers may use all the public areas of the ships (Bars, Restaurants, Lounges, etc). Sleeping or eating in the lounges or in the corridors is prohibited.
Smoking is prohibited, by the Greek Law, in public indoor areas and cabins of the ship.
EURO is the official currency on board.
Other entitlements-obligations to the passenger are under the Law 3709/FEK.213/14-10-08, as it has been amended by Article 35 of Law 4150/2013 (FEK 102A'/29-04-2013.).